Before riding your bike for the first time, it is important to do the following steps for adjusting your rear shock correctly:
1. Push up the O-ring at the inner shaft against the outer shaft.
2. Stand up on your pedals in a riding position.
3. Carefully get off your bike.
4. Check the position of the O-ring* on the inner shaft.
5. Next you need a high pressure pump (purchased separately) to adjust the air pressure in your shock.
6. Reset the O-ring and get back on your bike.
7. Get off the bike and check the position of the O-ring again.
8. Repeat until you find the right setting.
* The O-ring must be at about 25–30% of the shock's hub, so that the SAG setting is optimal. For DH and alpine descents it should be 30–40%.
To adjust your fork, refer to the manufacturers guidelines. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact us.
You can also watch our video tutorial on adjusting suspension.